Anyone that is on their feet all day knows the importance of having a quality pair of work boots. Military and emergency personnel often don’t know where their next emergency or challenge lies and that is why they need the best tactical boots to keep them comfortably on their toes.
You will want tactical boots that are lighter because after a long day you will be happy you aren’t dragging around as much weight. Safety is also paramount when it comes to choosing the best tactical boots. Select a boot that is slick resistance and depending on your job, electric shock resistant. You will also want boots that water resistant and moisture sicking to keep your feet dry and comfortable during those long days.
So, now that you know what you should be looking for in tactical work boots, do you know what boots to consider? Well, there’s still hundreds—if not thousands—of work boots to choose from. It can be overwhelming, but we’re here to help!
So Let’s get started, Shall we?
Here are the detailed review of each model, tested and inspected by our team
1. Under Armour Men’s Valsetz RTS Side Zip [See Price]
If you are looking for a tactical boot that is stylish and built to last, look no further than the Under Armour Men’s Valsetz RTS Side Zip. This sleek tactical work boot has the comfort and lightweight feel of a workout shoe, but the construction, support, and durability of a boot.
The Under Armour Men’s Valsetz RTS Side Zip comes with a slip-resistant tread that makes them ideal for any surface. From slick roads to icy sidewalks, the Under Armour Men’s Valsetz RTS Side Zip will keep you upright.
These tactical work boots are also extremely comfortable. The sock liner comes with a plush memory foam liner that conforms to your feet and provides ultimate comfort. The Under Armour Men’s Valsetz RTS Side Zip boots also come with a Micro G insert that offers added support.
- The slip-resistant sole gives you great traction
- Memory foam insides give long-lasting comfort
- Available in many colors to meet your style preference
- The sole typically wear out over time
2. Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Metro Air 9-Inch Side-Zip Tactical Boot [See Price]
The Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Metro Air 9-Inch Side-Zip Tactical Boot is another good option to consider for tactical boots. These sleek black boots have a side zipper to make it easy to slip into in an emergency. They are also lightweight so you won’t feel a drag after wearing them for over 8 hours.
What really makes the Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Metro Air 9-Inch Side-Zip Tactical Boots stand out is that they have everything emergency and military personnel needs. Aside from the side zipper and lightweight construction, they also have slip-resistant soles that give you the necessary traction to stay upright.
The Original S.W.A.T. Men’s Metro Air 9-Inch Side-Zip Tactical Boots are also extremely comfortable and will keep your feet from becoming sore after being on your feet. The air cell technology takes shock absorption to a new level and reduces the wear on your joints. With a sleek black exterior, these look as good as they feel.
- Water resistant material keeps your feet dry and comfortable
- Side zipper for easy putting on and taking off
- Will pass through metal detectors
- Advanced shock absorption to reduce stress on joints
- The zipper wears down over time
3. Smith & Wesson Footwear Men’s Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots 8″ [See Price]
Smith & Wesson might be most well-known as a gun manufacturer, but they also make quality tactical boots. The Smith & Wesson Footwear Men’s Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots are 8” tall to give you superior ankle support. Constructed from leather and nylon, these boots are built to last and won’t wear like other lesser boots.
The Smith & Wesson Footwear Men’s Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots also have a steel shank to keep feet protected. The side sipper allows for easy putting on and removal when responding to emergencies, and they are so comfortable that they can be worn right out of the box.
With a slip-resistant sole and quality construction, the Smith & Wesson Footwear Men’s Breach 2.0 Tactical Side Zip Boots are definitely boots to consider when looking for the best tactical boots.
- Don’t need to be broken in
- Water proof material to keep feel dry and comfortable
- Non-slip sole for added traction
- Side zipper for easy and quick access
- Wider than other boots
4. Maelstrom Men’s TAC FORCE 8 Inch Military Tactical Work Boot with Zipper [See Price]
When it comes to tactical boots, the Maelstrom Men’s TAC FORCE 8 Inch Military Tactical Work Boots are hard to beat. With a side zipper for quick response times and a breathable material that keeps your feet dry, these boots speak of quality from heel to laces.
The Maelstrom Men’s TAC FORCE 8 Inch Military Tactical Work Boot with Zipper also feature shock absorption. The penultimate featured cushion will absorb impacts and provide long-lasting comfort for those long days. In addition, the shock absorbent cushion can be removed, so you can remove the added shock absorption when it is no longer needed.
When it comes to comfort, the Maelstrom Men’s TAC FORCE 8 Inch Military Tactical Work Boot with Zipper delivers. There is a padded ankle collar to prevent skin abrasions and irritation, as well as a padded tongue to keep your foot secure and comfortable during any level of activity.
- Removable insert makes cleaning easy
- Improved shock absorption to reduce wear on joints
- Breathable wicking to keep feet dry
- Rubber soles for traction
- Wearers report issues with seams coming undone
5. Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tac [See Price]
For those looking for the ultimate tactical boot, the Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tac boots area great option. These boots have a stylish and sleek black design that boasts a professional appearance and are built to last with DWR treater leather.
What’s so great about the Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tac is that they are made with a composite toe to keep your feet protected, but are still lightweight. Not only does it keep you protected, but it also gives you more confidence when working with heavy lifting tasks. Plus the non-slip rubber sole gives you traction and support.
In addition to being a safe option, the Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tac boots are also comfortable. They have an anti-bacterial ortholite sock liner that gives your comfortable support. You can wear the Under Armour Men’s Stellar Tac boots for long periods of time without being in discomfort.
- Comfortable to wear during extremely long days
- Durable construction
- Non-slip rubber sole
- Anti-bacterial ortholite sock liner for comfort and durability
- Not water proof so they are not ideal for all weather conditions
- Lack of side zipper means it takes longer to put them on
6. Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites 8 Inches Boots [See Price]
Bates might be most well-known for their formal shoe wear, but they also made a killer pair of tactical boots in the Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites. These boots are sleek enough to give off a professional aura, but also durable enough to last for years.
The Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites are an 8” boot that is so comfortable it might even feel like you’re wearing sneakers. They are 30% lighter than other tactical boots, which is a big difference during those long work shifts.
In addition to comfort, the Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites are also breathable. The mesh upper allows for ventilation that keeps feet dry and comfortable. They are not waterproof, but these boots are water resistant and will regulate your foot temperature. If you need a comfortable and sturdy pair of tactical boots, the Bates Men’s Ultra-Lites are a great option.
- Comes with a side zipper for easy removable and putting on
- Lower priced
- Features a composite toe for added protection
- The replaceable insole is cushioned for comfort and shock absorption
- Need to be broken in
7. Danner Men’s Tachyon 8” GTX Duty Boot [See Price]
The Danner Men’s Tachyon 8” GTX Duty Boot is another option for tactical boots that are a bit different than other options out there. These tactical boots come in a variety of colors, have an 8” shaft, and 1” heel height and are ultra-light. This makes them comfortable and great for long days spent on your feet.
The synthetic light upper is quick drying, which means your feet stay drier and more comfortable. With a rubber sole, you can also rest assured that they have the traction you need to stay safe and upright. Plus, the sole has great shock absorbing capability and that reduces the wear on your heels.
With an open cell polyurethane foot bed and a cushioned EVA midsole, you can stay comfortable even on the rockiest and roughest of terrains. What also sets the Danner Men’s Tachyon 8” GTX Duty Boots apart from the rest is the three layered comfort system that offers all-day comfort.
- Non-slip rubber sole to keep you stabilized
- Quick release for easy removal and putting on
- Cushioned EVA mid-sole
- Not a lot of ankle support
- Interior can be abrasive until broken in
8. 5.11 ATAC 8 Inches Men’s Boots [See Price]
If you are looking for some classic tactical boots, the 5.11 ATAC 8 Inches Men’s Boots are a good option. Specifically designed for first responders and military personnel, the 5.11 ATAC 8 Inches Men’s Boots are made of leather and synthetic rubber. They are built to last and the leather won’t wear as quickly as the uppers of some other tactical boots.
The 5.11 ATAC 8 Inches Men’s Boots also have a side zipper that allows you to respond to emergencies quickly and easily. All you do is just zip them up and head off to your emergency. Those precious minutes can save lives.
The 5.11 ATAC 8 Inches Men’s Boots also have some other great features. Aside from a 5.11 shock mitigation system to keep your feet comfortable, they also have toe reinforcement and open cell foam cushioning. Plus, there’s even a covert tactical pocket, which makes these boots unique.
- Full grain leather construction for durability
- Side zipper for easy access
- Slip-resistant tread for stability
- Built to last
- Good price for good quality boots
- Need to be broken in for a short period of time
9. Thorogood Men’s 8” Side Zip Jump Boot Gen-flex [See Price]
Another quality pair of tactical boots is the Thorogood Men’s 8” Side Zip Jump Boot Gen-flex. These boots are built with quality in mind. They have a black oil-tanned leather outer layer and sixteen eyelet closure that is accompanied by a side zipper to make putting on and removing the boots quick and easy.
The eight and a half inch shaft provide great support and the Thorogood Men’s 8” Side Zip Jump Boot Gen-flex also has a removable polyurethane foot bed with EVA cushioning. This makes the boots flexible enough to conform to your movement while providing support and comfort around the arch.
What’s also great about the Thorogood Men’s 8” Side Zip Jump Boot Gen-flex is that it comes with a rubber sole. The soles are non-marking and even slip resistant. So, no matter what terrain you’re working on, these tactical boots are a great option.
- Side zipper for easy access
- Cushioned EVA midsole
- Very comfortable even during long days and nights
- Non-marking and slip resistant rubber sole
- Shock absorbing sole
- Can be difficult to order the right size
10. Rocky Duty Men’s Modern Paraboot [See Price]
The sleek black Rocky Duty Men’s Modern Paraboots is another option for anyone looking for quality tactical boots. The shaft of these boots measure 10” from the arch and they have a rubber lug outsole designed to keep your feet dry.
The rubber soles of the Rocky Duty Men’s Modern Paraboots are great for shock absorption, which provides added comfort during those long days. Plus, these boots feature an EVA foot bed that provides support and keeps your feet comfortable.
What’s great about the Rocky Duty Men’s Modern Paraboots is that they are water-resistant. They also feature a side zipper and these tactical boots are slip-resistant with great traction. With Goodyear Welt construction, you can rest assured that these boots are built to last for many shifts to come. They show little wear even after extended use, which keeps them looking professional and sleek. If you want great tactical boots, the Rocky Duty Men’s Modern Paraboots is certainly one to consider.
- Side zipper for easy on and off
- EVA cushioned foot bed for added support
- Oil and slip resistant traction
- Water-resistant full-grain leather
- Lugged outsole with a non-metallic stabilizer
- More expensive
- Taller than some other boots
11. Magnum Men’s Elite Spider 8.0 Boot [See Price]
Another great option for tactical boots is the Magnum Men’s Elite Spider 8.0 Boots. These tactical boots are designed with military personnel in mind and feature web-like overlays along the sides for breathability and increased ventilation. The durable composite non-metallic hardware won’t set off metal detectors and the composite shank provides added support.
The Magnum Men’s Elite Spider 8.0 Boots also feature a SpiderMESH lining that helps wick away moisture and regulate foot temperature in hot and cold environments. With a slip resistant and oil resistant outsole, you can keep your feet under you and avoid injuries.
These tan desert boots have a cushioned collar and tongue for added comfort during long days. The toe box is also roomy, which means your feet won’t be crammed and become uncomfortable no matter how long you’re on your feet. With great traction for any terrain, the Magnum Men’s Elite Spider 8.0 Boots are a good option for any military personnel looking for tactical boots.
- Roomy toe box
- Moisture wicking SpiderMESH to keep feet dry
- Oil and slip resistant sole
- Non-metallic hardware and shank to avoid setting off metal detectors
- Great breathability
- Cushioned collar and tongue
- Only come in one color
12. Adidas Men’s GSG-9.2 Training Shoe [See Price]
Adidas might not be the name that you think of when considering tactical boots, but the Adidas Men’s GSG-9.2 Training Shoes are a good option for some. These black boots are made from imported leather and the advanced breathable climaproof keeps your feet comfortable and dry.
The full-grain upper receives a water-resistant treatment and combined with a seam-sealed membrane, you can rest assured that your feel will be nice and comfy. The Adidas Men’s GSG-9.2 Training Shoes are also oil and gasoline resistant as well as slip resistant for added stability. The TRAXION lug outsole engineered specifically by Adidas make that a true possibility.
When it comes to comfort, the Adidas Men’s GSG-9.2 Training Shoes also deliver. These boots feature adiprene under the heel for enhanced cushioning and support. These tactical boots also feature an Ortholite sock liner that limits the development of odors and provides step-in cushioning. If you are looking for tactical boots, the Adidas Men’s GSG-9.2 Training Shoe is certainly one to consider.
- Adiprene under the heel for great cushioning and comfort
- Traxion lugs for superior traction in any terrain
- Oil, gas and slip resistant
- Moisture wicking climaproof material to keep feet dry and comfortable
- Backed by strong Adidas brand reputation
- Ortholite sock liner for decreased odor and bacteria
- Not completely waterproof
- Need to be broken in for a short period of time
13. Maelstrom Men’s LANDSHIP 8 Inch Military Tactical Duty Work Boot with Zipper [See Price]
When it comes to affordable tactical boots, the Maelstrom Men’s LANDSHIP 8 Inch Military Tactical Duty Work Boots with Zipper is hard to beat. These boots have a rubber sole and deep tread to give you exemplary traction and control while working any terrain.
The Maelstrom Men’s LANDSHIP 8 Inch Military Tactical Duty Work Boots with Zipper also have a composite reinforced toe for added protection. In addition, they have an antibacterial lining and moisture wicking material that is designed to keep your feet dry and comfortable.
In addition to durability and safety, the Maelstrom Men’s LANDSHIP 8 Inch Military Tactical Duty Work Boots with Zipper is also comfortable. That is because they also offer improved shock absorption. The shock absorbing midsole reduces impact and allows wearers to have comfortable feet all day long. If you want a great pair of tactical boots, these might be the best option for you.
- Moisture wicking material to keep your feet dry and comfortable
- The athletic design makes them great for first responders
- Low price point
- Anti-bacterial lining for better ventilation
- Boots typically run small so you may need to size up
14. Rocky Men’s C4T Tactical Boot [See Price]
Founded in 1932, the Rocky Boot Company has been making work boots for decades. The Rocky Men’s C4T Tactical Boots are a culmination of those decades of experience. These tactical boots are designed to look like classical combat boots that you typically see out in the field.
The Rocky Men’s C4T Tactical Boots are also built to last. Although not as fast as side zippers, they have 550 paracord laces, speed eyelets, and NATO hooks that allow for quick removal and access. The synthetic material is water resistant, and although they are not completely waterproof they dry out very quickly.
What’s especially great about the Rocky Men’s C4T Tactical Boots is that they are comfortable right away. You don’t have to work a few painful shifts while the boots get broken in because right out of the box they offer supreme comfort. For tactical boost that are built to last, try the Rocky Men’s C4T Tactical Boots.
- Water resistant material to keep feet dry
- Paracord laces for added durability
- Lightweight synthetic construction that is built to last
- Don’t need to be broken in
- Tread is not quality enough for icy environments
15. Danner Men’s Acadia 8″ Boot [See Price]
When it comes to tactical boots, the Danner Men’s Acadia 8″ Boots are another great option to consider. These boots are the first choice for many law enforcement personal because they are durable and comfortable. With Danner’s patented stitch technology, you can rest assured that this built will last for years to come.
For those working day and night in all weather conditions, staying dry is essential. With a Gore-Tex lining, the Danner Men’s Acadia 8″ Boots are breathable and waterproof. The fiberglass shank is also lightweight, but sturdy for added support. Plus, the boot has a non-metallic composite toe for extra protection.
When you’re running, climbing, walking or just on your feet all day, you want a boot that fits right. The Danner Men’s Acadia 8″ Boots come with a narrow profile designed to keep your foot from sliding around. However, they’re also available in wide sizes for those with larger feet. If you want a great pair of tactical boots, the Danner Men’s Acadia 8″ Boots are truly hard to beat.
- Durable construction for long lasting use
- Waterproof to keep feet dry in wet conditions
- Non-slip and no-squeak sole for enhanced safety and stealth
- Gore-Tex lining
- Non-metallic composite reinforced toe for added protection
- Heavier than many other tactical boots
Now that you’ve taken a look at the best tactical boots on the market, have you decided what ones are for you? Just remember that safety and comfort are crucial, and to choose a tactical boot that fits in your budget. Truthfully, all of the boots on this list are a great option, it really just comes down to preference. So, take some time consider what matters most to you in a tactical work boot and then make your decision. Whatever you choose will be a nice treat for your feet!